Young people at Yeoman Park have a planned programme of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG), in accordance with the Department for Education (DFE) Careers Guidance and Inspiration in Schools guidelines. The programme ensures all young people have opportunities to recognise their own strengths and values and take responsibility for developing employability skills.
Purposes and aims
The main purpose of CEIAG is to provide young people with the opportunity to engage in a range of activities that will contribute to their knowledge and understanding of the world of work, post-18 adult services and education suitable for students’ individual needs.
Yeoman Park Academy is committed to not just fulfilling its statutory requirements in this area, but also helping students to recognise and overcome barriers to enable them to make a successful transition into post-18 options. The academy recognises that a ‘one size fits all’ approach is not a suitable delivery method and aims to provide individual support and guidance to meet the diverse range of needs our young people have.
The support offered by Yeoman Park Academy, in close liaison with the PFA (preparation for adulthood) team, ensures a smooth transition onto their chosen post-18 provision.
The aim of CEIAG is to enhance the provision made to prepare students for the transition to adulthood through:
• raising student aspirations
• offering a range of AIM awards courses that are appropriate to the needs of individual students
• building strong connections with the PFA team and post-18 providers,
• improving understanding of the world of work and life after school,
• ensuring appropriate and impartial face-to-face provision and guidance through an independent adviser,
• empowering students to plan and prepare for their own futures,
• actively promoting equality and challenging all stereotypes,
• successful supported transition to the next stage of education, day service provision, supported employment, supported apprenticeships or voluntary/paid employment.